Program Code: TE142
The AAS Degree in Operations Technician is designed for an individual pursuing an entry-level positon as an industrial technician. The degree provides the individual with a solid base of the technical multi-craft and operational skills needed for a successful career in industry.
1) Complete an application to the college found at www.jjc.edu/admissions and select one of the following choices
a. Operations Engineering, AAS
b. Operations Technician, AAS
c. Operations Engineering, CAC
d. Operations Technician, CAC
2) High School transcript or GED on file with the Admissions Office verifying completion.
3) Placement into the following courses based on degree type; ENG 101 and Math 138 or higher for OE or ENG 130 and Math 119 for OT.
4) All college transcripts (other than JJC) must be evaluated and placed on record prior to submission of your application for the program.
5) Schedule an appointment with the OET advisor to review documents and the procedure
Will need to demonstrate they meet the physical requirements for a field technician
a. Lift more than 50 pounds routinely
b. Ability to climb ladders
c. Work standing on their feet 85% of the time
d. Able to bend and stoop routinely
e. Walk long distances without assistance
The individual can re-apply for the program every April.
The program will start in the fall semester only